The French Back-to-Back Program in Jackson is part of the French-American Student Exchange Programs organized by la ligue de l'enseignement (La Ligue) in France and French American Student Exchange Programs (FASEP) in the United States.
The American Back-to-Back students learn 5th Grade Curriculum and also study French history, culture and language. The families participate in fundraising activities including the Annual Auction and French Dessert Tasting Extravaganza held in November.
Exchange Program Process:
- The class from Jackson is paired with a fifth grade class in France.
- Each child is paired with a French child and will be hosted by that child's family while in France.
- Children and parents exchange letters and the classes exchange projects.
- The Jackson class, accompanied by their teacher and an assistant, will visit France for three weeks in the Spring.
- While in France, the students attend school, visit the region and live with their host families.
- The French class comes to Jackson for two weeks, attends Frost School, goes on field trips and lives with the American host families.